Sunday, July 8, 2012

Flower Pot Favors

One of my lovely friends (and long-time neighbor) is getting married this fall and we successfully pulled off her surprise bridal shower!  I was asked to help by putting together the favors.  We wanted to do something floral and were first thinking of tying up a few packages of flower seeds with pretty ribbon.


I had an idea to combine the table decorations with the favors.  Why not, right?  Being summer, finding flowers would certainly be no problem.  My only concern was finding the right pot.  I was unimpressed by the terra cots sold at AC Moore; they just didn't have the right look and I did not want to have to paint 30 pots!  


So, off to Michael's I went.  Have I mentioned how much I love Michael's?!?  My number one rule when going to Michael's is to always grab a cart; you never know what you might spot!  Off to the clearance bins I went and there they were... at 60% off!  These adorable tin pails were either leftovers from their spring or Mother's Day items.  I immediately started searching all of the bins to find 30!  Don't worry, I did leave a few for others.





At the shower, I clustered 6 in the center of each table and the ladies were pleasantly surprised that they could take one home.  There were also a few leftover which I placed on the gift table.  

Next time you are planning an event, think of ways you can combine decorations with your party favors.  Not only will your guests be excited to take home a "piece" of the party; but, it will also leave you with one last thing to clean up.  :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! At Michaels, my #1 rule is not to get a cart because if I do I will leave with more than I need - I've learned this from experience. My "plan" is what can fit in my hands is what I can buy. The key is I bring the kids and I use their little hands too!
    Love the table decorations and that they became the favors!!!

    ReplyDelete