Sunday, July 1, 2012

Apple Cider Flavored Water

A few weeks ago, I saw a pin about a detoxing water mixture that would boost your metabolism and give you energy!  Unfortunately, the link was flagged as spam so I do not have further detail about the science behind this blend.


Nonetheless, I decided to give it a try because I rarely drink enough liquids in a day.  After drinking the concoction for a few days, I started to refer to it as "Apple Cider Flavored Water."  


I have to say that I do feel pretty good after drinking this for almost two weeks now.  I have only had a few sodas, an iced mocha and a glass of chocolate milk during the course of the last two weeks.  Everything else I've drank has been the flavored water.  On average, I have been drinking around 50 ounces a day.  


Apple Cider Flavored Water

  1. Cut up one apple and place in a bottom of a gallon pitcher (I cored the apple to remove the seeds).
  2. Place one cinnamon stick with the apple.
  3. Fill the container up half way with ice.
  4. Continue by adding water to fill the pitcher.
  5. Let the mixture "brew" for 10 minutes before drinking.





Re-use the apples and cinnamon stick to make three gallons of flavored water and then discard.


Whether this is a miracle energy booster or not, at least it got me to drink more water.  And it tastes great too!  


Try it out for yourself!


original pin:  tonetiki.wordpress.com

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent idea! Im currently doing weight watchers and seriously HATE drinking water!!

    ReplyDelete