Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Whipped Cherry Lemon Cake

It's been almost a year since I found out I was allergic to eggs and Pinterest has been such a fun way to collect "pins" of food I can eat.  


One thing that has been especially difficult is with dessert.  With the help of my "Desserts I Can Eat" board, I've been able to collect a bunch of recipes of sweet treats.  Now, when I feel the need for sweets, I can go to the board and voila, the recipes are there waiting for me.


One recipe I came across early on was making cake from a boxed cake mix plus one can of soda (which apparently is an old weight watcher's recipe).  


Here is my take on it:


Whipped Cherry Lemon Cake



Cake:


One box of lemon cake mix
10 oz. of Diet Mountain Dew


Mix the two together and bake as per the boxes directions.


Topping:


Combine 1 container of cool whip with one can of cherry pie filling.   


Top the cooled cake with the topping.  


Serve and ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment