Thursday, June 21, 2012

Have a Sweet Summer

In honor of today's brutal heat and the official second day of summer 2012, I wanted to give my idea on my "handwritten" font lettering from my treat top bags.  


I initially was thinking of printing the words out and then glueing them onto various backdrops to make the bag tops.  After deciding that it would be too much work, I decided to just write them myself.  


Because I wanted to give them a "fun" look, I decided I should do a little more than my normal handwriting.  That's where my computer came into the project after all.  After looking through my fonts, I decided to use one of my favorites, Bumble Bee BV!  


Next, I simply typed my phrase and centered it into a box that was roughly the same size the paper I would be using.  The computer screen then became my "stencil" as I studied how to form each letter and worked letter by letter on my bag topper.  



It's certainly not perfect, but a great way to try a new way to write things by hand.

Try it for yourself next time you want something to look "extra special!"

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea!!! There are fonts I love using but am unable to "transfer" to what I am working on. Will definitely use this in the future!

    ReplyDelete