Sunday, June 10, 2012

End of the year Preschool gifts

With the end of the school year drawing near, I've been using pinterest for brainstorming and idea catching.   This year I wanted to give a little something to each of the Preschool students.   


A pin, "End of the school year treat bag toppers" from anythingbutperfect.com caught my eye!  The image was a sweet alligator paired with the wording, "See you lator alligator."   


After searching around CVS for candy deals, I left with 6 bags of various Hershey kisses to make 35 treat bags (I would suggest at least one or two more bags).  Instead of the alligator theme,  I decided to go with "Have a sweet summer!"  I then headed to the computer to work on a design for the bag toppers but wasn't getting having much inspiration.  


My mind traveled back to many pins of handwriting and calligraphy ideas.  Could I learn calligraphy for this?  I came up with another idea and back to the computer I went.  This time, typing in my phrase and choosing one of my favorite fonts, "Bumble Bee BV" to use as a visual template.  


I actually was able to replicate the font fairly easily and only made a few errors.  Here is a close up of one of the bags.  Check out the font and let me know how I did!


Have a sweet summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment