Wednesday, June 13, 2012

End of the Year Teacher Gifts

As a Preschool Director, I'm always looking for ideas for gifts for my ladies.  I love giving a thoughtful gift to them because they mean so much to me!


Back in the fall and way before I was introduced to Pinterest, I was at Michael's (which just happens to be one of my favorite spots to find treasures) and noticed cute cupcake liners in the clearance bins.  I instantly thought of putting together a baking themed gift as my end of the school year gift.  


It wasn't until my rise in Pinterest that I decided that I wanted to make my own  cake mixes and present them in a ball jar.  Next, came shopping for cute mixing bowls.  This is the highlight of the story because I didn't bring the cupcake liners with me when shopping nor did I take notes to their color schemes.  But the Lord directed me to the right bowls because the cupcake liners matched and coordinated perfectly.  That's right, each and every one.  Even the lone purple mixing bowl.  



Preparing the cake mixes was simple and I followed a chocolate version from www.frugalouis.com and a yellow version from  www.afewshortcuts.com.

After typing the recipe card, I assembled the gift by bunching up one piece of tissue paper at the bottom of the bowl before placing the ball jar.  A small piece of tape was affixed to the top of the jar to help the cupcake liner "hat" from falling off.  


A little clear wrap and some curling ribbon finished the project. VOILA!


1 comment: